cluster issues

good morning Knimers

using the Network viewer Node I created a nice network but I would like to know:

• how can I change node colours based on an attribute (male green node femal blue node)?
    -how can I detect and count the networkrelation clusters such as
    single branched and multibranched
    and distingush 1:1, 1:n and n:n node relation clusters

any help nwould be highly apprechiated

1 Like

I would love to be able to change the node colors but I don’t think it is possible (other knimers please correct me if I am wrong).

As for your other question, I am not sure what you mean, but perhaps you can use the SubGraph Extractor to get the separate clusters and count the nodes/edges of the individual clusters?

Thank you both for you question and for your input. It is possible to change the color in the network viewer under node layout -> representation -> fill color. Here you can select an attribute like gender and color accordingly.

Hope that helps,
Jeany

3 Likes

@Jeany, thank you for your response! I never knew how to make this work, but your answer provided me with the information I needed to give it another try. For those who are interested, here is a tiny example workflow that assigns colors to the network nodes.

My first attempt was to use the attribute “Species” directly, but that didn’t work. Then I tried to use a Color Manager to assign colors to the species, but those cannot be used in the Feature Inserter and/or Network Viewer. So I used the Extract Color node to extracted the colors as a bitwise concatenation of the RGB values; it turns out I can use those as “Value Column” of type “color”. After joining these RGB values with the original attribute table and after inserting it as a network feature the colors can then be selected in the Network Viewer as a Fill Color.

color_nodes

KNIME_project.knwf (29.1 KB)

1 Like

hello guys
sorry for the late reply and thnx a lot!
It oviously helps too if you name it network and not cluster as I did… so here is a
linke to some of my questions as answer:
https://forum.knime.com/t/network-analysis-i-cant-add-new-features-colors-to-my-network-viewer/5754