'Color mapping does not match possible values' Color Manager node error, locally and with Knime Server

I’m getting the dreaded “Color mapping does not match possible values” error with the ‘Color Manager’ node.

The issue occurs when I have my workflow recompute; it creates a new list of nominal values, different from what the previous execution produced. So I understand why it’s throwing the error. (See attached images; cap1 shows how setting in the initial metanode, when subsequently changed, lead to an error in the ‘color manager’ node, contained in a typical metanode titled ‘assign unique…’, cap2.)

I’ve tried to resolve this using the ‘domain calculator’ node, using advice from an earlier forum post, to no avail.

What am I missing?

I’m attaching an abbreviated workflow that exemplifies the failure scenario; altering the length of the list via the rule-based row filter node causes the downstream failure in the color manager node in this case; can anyone exemplify the solution that allows the color manager node to work properly, regardless of any upstream filtering of the list?color_manager_prob_fix.knwf (19.6 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

I have opened a ticket so that our developers will look for a solution. At the moment, one workaround I could find is to open the Color Manager configuration and close it again (you don’t have to change settings). Afterwards, I was able to execute the node again.

Cheers,
Roland

Was this fixed? Chasing the same problem.

Curious if there has been any movement on this ticket; this is a vexing issue when the workflow, particularly a Server/WebPortal-deployed workflow, receives new/dynamic data. Every subsequent execution, after the first successful execution, will fail.

1 Like

Hi @longoka,

Yes, we have been working on this, the fix is currently waiting for verification :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Roland

1 Like

Hi @RolandBurger,
Is there any news on the fix of this problem?
Cheers,
Gio

Hi @gcincilla

this is fixed in our newest release. If you now select one of the three default color mapping, future values are also selected out of this range.

Best, Iris

2 Likes

That’s a wonderful news!!
Thank you very much Iris. I’ll update to the new release ASAP.
Best,
Gio

1 Like