Column Aggregator – Concatenate Missing bug or feature?

Hi,

when using a Column Aggregator and concatenate but w/o missing, it still concatenates the columns even if one of the values is missing.

Whilst this could be considered equally a bug and a feature I wonder if the behavior can be tweaked? If missing should be ignored, I would assume this means if any value is missing. Wouldn’t you agree?

Best
Mike

Hi there @mw,

I consider it a feature and not a bug :smiley:

What is your use case?

Br,
Ivan

Good morning @ipazin,

the use case is quite simple. Aggregating two columns but skipping rows where one value is empty. Being able to skip another treatment step via a Rule Engine node to enforce missing would be nice.

So to speak having an option to instruct the Column Aggregator to ignore in case one value is missing.

That also reminds me of another idea related to the Rule Engine. Do you recall an option to use it that to trigger simple functions like:

Column1 = "Condition" AND Column2 = "Condition" => JOIN(Column1, Column2)

Best
Mike

Hi @mw,

in this case you can filter rows containing missing rows prior to Column Aggregator node. Regarding Rule Engine idea one can use Column Expressions node.

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.