Column List loop runs slower and slower

Hello,

I am running a column loop over hundreds of iterations (columns).
I noticed that each iteration in running slower than the previous one.
It may be a faulty usage of memory.
Is there a way to solve this problem knowing that I made the change in the ini file as follows:
-Xmx2048m

Thanks,

Hi there,

How do you measure that current iteration is running slower than the previous one? Which KNIME version you got? Which OS are you running? How many columns you got?

If you have enough memory for other processes increase it more.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin
I use Knime, 4 on windows 10, I have 7400 columns.
I noticed the deceleration by counting the number of iteration running over an hour or a day. The speed is decreasing by 20 to 30%.
I have a mchine with 16GB RAM and Knime is curring eating 2400MB RAM and 17% of CPU and I see there is 30% of memory is still free.
I use in Ini file -Xmx2048m
How much do you recommend for the Xmx to stay stable between windows and Knime?
Thanks,
Zied

Hi there,

how long is your workflow running?

Memory you allocate depends on whether you only run KNIME on your machine or other applications as well. If only KNIME then you can increase it to 8GBs. If other applications then it depends how memory consuming are those applications. Anyways try with 8GBs and if you will have problems running other application decrease it to 6 or to 4.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin
It has been running for a few days an I think I will need one or two weeks to finish the loop.
Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.