Combining Columns

Good Day, dear KNIME Users
I have trouble with combining two fields
In my workflow I have two outputs with different columns, I have to combine them(append them)
I have used Column Combiner
In the first data after rowId I have rowid and Name, in second data I have only one value (max ID)
My task is to combine them
The output should be like this image
After Combiner Tool I have the following output

I have value for the first row, for the rest of rows I have null values

What can you advice in order to fill the rest of rows?

Hello @Karlygash,

I’m a bit confused. You say Column Combiner but you are mean Column Appender node? Also I see some Joiner nodes and probably that’s what you need instead of Column Appender/Combiner. But it would be best if you can share some input data from two output ports you have (dummy data works just fine!) so we can understand it and help :wink:

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Column Appender* Node

sorry, I mean Appender
Here I have uploaded input data
out_1.xlsx (11.9 KB) out_2.xlsx (6.8 KB)
Thanks in advance

Hello @Karlygash,

are you sure you shared proper input data as they seem same except for third column?

Br,
Ivan

yes, they are my input data that i m working with

Hello @Karlygash,

can you explain it then a bit more? How should output look like? What is logic behind appending/joining?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

In Alteryx I have found tool Column Appender, it puts the value for the rest of the rows.
So, as you can see here max record id filled to each row
In KNIME max record id filling only to the first row

Hello @Karlygash,

ok. Maybe I got it now. You shouldn’t use Column Appender node in this case but rather Cross Joiner node to get max record id you obtain from GroupBy node in every table row from RowID node. However if you use Column Appender then you can use Missing Value node together with option to populate missing values with previous value. Hope this helps!

Check this topic regarding Alteryx to KNIME:

Br,
Ivan

4 Likes

Ipazin provided the right solution. Use the Cross Joiner or a Python Snippet Node :grin:

3 Likes

thanks, your solution helped

1 Like

Glad to hear that @Karlygash!
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.