Combining two datasets where either one can be empty

Hey everybody!

I’m currently searching for a solution for following problem:
I need to create a Component that will check different things depending on a value in two columns.
Now the problem is that I can’t use the Concatenate Node to combine these datasets again after checking because one of them could be empty but I don’t know which of them will be empty.
So I either need to have like an IF - Switch that splits and combines in one (but without group loop) or find a way to combine them again in the end without it failing.

The only solution that comes to my mind would be a group loop but we saw that group loops take a strain on the server if we run to many so I would like to have an option that works without looping.

Does anyone have any idea? Is there probably a way to use the IF node ?

Hello @Chaosprinzip,

can you maybe give us example with data and logic you need to apply? I’m having a hard time understanding what is that you need to do…

Br,
Ivan

Yes sure -
for example I have a list with customers from different cities but I need to apply some special filters to customers depending on the city they live in. If they live in Munich I need to check with another Excel Sheet if they are included and for Moscow I would need to apply a filter based on another DB Call.
But all the other CS should not be filtered in any way.
The problem now is that these lists don’t always include customers from all cities. Sometimes the list includes only customers from Munich, sometimes from Munich and Moscow and sometimes there are no customers from Munich or Moscow at all.
So when I split the customers and want to concatenate them in the end I have the problem that the first input of the concatenate node can’t be empty and it will fail if there is no input.

Usually I would use a Loop construct with an if switch in that case but I search for an option without loop.
I hope this makes it a bit clearer.

Hello @Chaosprinzip,

seems to me you should try Empty Table Switch node:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hm unfortunately that Node didn’t help me - I’ve no set it up so it always contains dummy data which I filter again in the end. But thank you for your time ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Chaosprinzip,
what about using a master table creator node with only the structure?

Luca

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.