Command Line Execution Not Working from External Tool Node

I’m hoping there are just some options I have incorrect (I’m just learning how to do this). Here is a synopsis of what I am trying to do:

1. Schedule task on Windows XP to run command line argument... knime -consoleLog -nosplash -reset -nosave -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir="workspace\NOAA\expt_deg_days_test" ... from my KNIME installation folder C:\Program Files\knime_2.1.1
  2. Within this workflow I send the data to an External Tool node that is set to run a Windows Batch file... C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\FEF_Reports\noaa-expt-us.bat ... from this directory... C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\FEF_Reports
The batch file creates a folder and then runs a GLE (Graphics Layout Engine) command line arguement to make png, pdf and eps files of the KNIME data (gle files are in the FEF_Reports folder from above).

If I run the batch file alone it works fine and when I run the KNIME workflow from KNIME it works too. The problem seems to be when running the KNIME workflow from the command line of a Windows scheduled task. The batch file runs and creates the new folder but doesn’t execute the gle command line arguments for making the image files.

Does anyone have any ideas as to whether or not I should be able to do this? If so, any ideas as to what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks for any help.
-Troy

Okay, after much trouble shooting this ended up being a Windows permissions issue and has nothing to do with KNIME. I was logged on as the administrator but the Task Scheduler wouldn’t recognize my User profile. FYI to anyone trying this… you have to use a password for Windows Tasks.

Hi,Troy

I am a greenhand in KNIME. Your post give me some ideas,thanks.

My problem is how to autoexecute KNIME workflow in a fixed time everyday without KNIME Enterprise server supporting.  Could you give me details instruct? A simple example fits me.

my mail is rockfiller@126.com

Your replay will make me very excited.

Thanks!

Rockfiller