Component output issue

Hi Knimers

I have an issue with the component output when the node is inactive.
In fact, I got an error because I override the flow variable output using a flow variable.

The component works when it is active but not when it is inactive.

Please find the workflow in attachment.
component_output_issue.knwf (64.4 KB) .
Regards,
Joel

1 Like

Hallo @joel,

this is an interesting case. It took me a little bit to understand the problem. You are right the problem is that you try to overwrite the flow variable with a non-existing flow variable in the case the component is not active. I am wondering why you are doing this? Are there some special cases for which you need to overwrite the flow variable? If not, then I would suggest that you just use the manual selection of flow variables in the Output port of the component and select “Enforce exclusion” to exclude the flow variables that should not be transferred outside of the component.
Here is the adjusted workflow: component_output_issue_adjusted.knwf (53.6 KB)

Let me know if that solves your problem or if you have some specific cases where you really need to overwrite your flow variables.

Best,
Janina

Hi @janina,

I replaced dynamically the output flow variable in order to have a dynamic component.

In fact, if the component is configured to replace the value of a flow variable called filepath instead of file (like in your worklow), I am not sure that the component will work.

That’s why I overwrite the output flow variable using the value of the configuration node.

Regards,
Joel

Hallo @joel,

so the component will still be dynamic if you use “Enforce exclusion” in such a way, that all variables will be transferred to the outside of the component unless they are in the Exclusion Column. So even if the name of you Flow Variables change, they will be transferred to the outside (because they are not in the Exclusion Column).
Please compare the two components in this example workflow: component_output_issue_AdjustedVersion2.knwf (84.4 KB)
Even if the Flow Variable name for your uploaded file changes, the Flow Variable will be transferred to the outside.

Best,
Janina

2 Likes

Hi @janina

It works, thanks for your help.

Joel

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.