Concatenate Node: Column with the same name is displayed twice

Hi all,

I have two tables, each has 10 columns and the column names are in each table the same (really the same, no difference, even no different spaces)

I use the concatenate node, and nearly every column gets matched, and the content from the second table is concatenated correct.

But the first column is now displayed twice:

Column A – Column A again
Data – ?
Data – ?
Data – ?
Data – ?
? – Data
? – Data
? – Data

–> I tried column combiner, but then I have a third column with the entered data + question mark…
Can anyone see my mistake?

Best Regards
Markus

Hi @Time2Hire,

Are the types of this particular column also the same? And in general, which KNIME Analytics Platform version are you running?

Best,
Stefan

1 Like

Hi there!

If there is a mistake made by you the best thing is to share a worflow. Otherwise we can only guess. And one row is enough to test it :wink:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Thank you for the comments Stefan and Ivan! :slight_smile:
The column types are the same (both string) and I run version 3.6.0…

Ivan, you are so right - sharing the workflow would make it much easier to solve. :slight_smile: How can I share the workflow in this forum? Via the upload function? Don’t you need the data source too?

By the way: The data source for the concatenate node are two files. The first file is csv, the second file xls. I thought this could be the reason, but why would it work with the other columns? :smiley:

Best Regards
Markus

1 Like

Hi Markus!

This is a link (https://www.knime.com/knime-introductory-course/chapter1/import-export-workflows) to see how to export workflow and you upload it with copy paste or upload button :wink: As I said only one row for each data source should be enough. But if data is no secret you can share complete data sources.

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

I tried to convert the csv file into xlsx before using the file reader. And that worked. So in my case, the problem was solved by this simple workaround. :):smiley:

1 Like