Concatenation (?): update existing rows and add new ones

Hi my dear KNIME fellows :slight_smile:

I have two tables I want to concatenate (have adjusted the headings already).

However, I want to add new rows to the table for items that are not yet in the list and update the existing ones.

Here is a screenshot (the rows marked in red should be added to the existing “products”):

I have also created an example workflow that has a daily updates table (table 1) and a master table (table 2).

update-existing-values-add-new.knwf (8.4 KB)

Thank you in advance for your kind help!

1 Like

Look at

If you put you master table in DB, say SQLite, the node will do the work for you.
1 Like

ok, thank you for the idea. But I do not have a db and don’t know how I should create one from within KNIME

I tried with an empty .sqlite file and the DB table creator node but it always returns an error

Is it as simple as adding a groupby node at the end? See attachment.update-existing-values-add-new_suggestion.knwf (10.2 KB)

5 Likes

@j_ochoada facepalm … I simply don’t know why I didn’t see this… Of course you are right, but I was so focussed on it happening “pre-concatenation” I oversaw this most obvious solution.

Thank you, that did the job!

1 Like

Glad to help! Have a great day :slight_smile:

For a case you interested in DB solution:
Update-existing-values.knwf (20.8 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.