connect to azure fileshare

Hi

I want to connect to MS Azure fileshare from KNIME analytics platform.

I try using “Azure Blob store Connection” but it doesn’t seem to work. Do you have any suggestion?

Hi @kengdeb,

I would be happy to help, but could you explain what exactly is not working or what kind of error message you are getting?

Best,
Janina

Hi Janina

thanks for your reply. I am just simply want to access the file (i.e. excel) located in MS Azure fileshare via KNIME Analytic platform. Which node is able to support this requirement?

Hi @kengdeb,

you can either use the Download node and read the downloaded file using the Excel Reader node or you can also use the Azure Blob Store File Picker node and then use the Excel Reader node to read directly from the Azure Blob Storage.

Maybe this example workflow could help you to get started: Azure Blob Store Remote File Example

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have further questions.

Best,
Janina

3 Likes

Hi @janina

Thanks for your comment. I used Azure Blob connectors as suggested with Download node. I found an error when I try to link with Create Temp Dir node. I try to use Temp path, but somehow the workflow show target missing. Not sure what i did wrong.

I use Temp path in this case because I plan to upload this workflow to KNIME server and later use file download from Azure Blob for next process.

Hello @kengdeb,

some fields need dummy input (can’t be left empty) in order to be overwritten with value from flow variable. Can you input something to Target folder filed and then see if it works?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @ipazin

Thanks for your reply. The dummy input work.

I would like to download few files from Azure Blob and upload those to folder located in Knime server. My initial ideas is to config a relative path from Download node and point to for example data folder locate in Knime server (something like knime://knime.workflow/…/data/)

However I found some error, and it seems that this node is not support relative path (from below link)

Do you have any other suggestion?

Hello @kengdeb,

great to hear that it works now.

You are right,Download node doesn’t support relative paths (internal reference: AP-12661). I have given it +1.

Workaround? Maybe idea from here helps:

Also take a look at this workflow example on how to write files to Server Repository:

Give it a try and let us know if you made it :wink:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hello @kengdeb,

with KNIME version 4.3. there is Transfer Files node that is able to download files using relative path. Check out topic you already linked for more info.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

@ipazin. Thks for your comment. Appreciate your kindness and great memory!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.