Connect to MS Access database with UCanAccess on Mac

Hi,

I try to connect a MS Access Dataase with UCanAccess on my mac. I have installed Yosemite, latest version of knime and all jar-Files of UCanAccess. Now I try to connect to the database with the Database Connector but I failed. I use the following driver: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver. The general pathway of this driver is : jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://<host>:<port>/<database_name>

Now I try to insert the pathway to the database like this: jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:/Volumes/Rubikon/Database/TestDB.mdb

But the Database Connector can not connect to the database. I think I have an error in my pathway. But I have no idea what I have to change.

Could someone help me with this problem?

Kind regards,

Sevenhills

hsqldb is most probably a wrong driver for Access. It is a driver for an in-memory (Java-based) DB. You should use the driver and the sample path belonging to the UCanAccess solution. (Sorry, I have no mac, I do not know UCanAccess.)

Hi aborg,

thank for you answer. But after a long trial-and-error attempts I get a connection to the database. Maybe it is an interesting topics for all other user who have the same problem.

Kind regrads,

Sevenhills

Hi all!

I´m using ucanaccess to conect MS ACCESS database and in the last days I´m not having success anymore, see the mesage bellow.

ERROR Database Reader      0:2        Execute failed: net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException: UCAExc:::4.0.2 null

Thank you for the help.

Hi all!

I´m using ucanaccess to conect MS ACCESS database and in the last days I´m not having success anymore, see the mesage bellow.

ERROR Database Reader      0:2        Execute failed: net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessSQLException: UCAExc:::4.0.2 null

Thank you for the help.

Here is a detailed guide on how to add the needed drivers and configure the DB nodes to successfully connect to MS Access databases https://forum.knime.com/t/how-to-connect-to-ms-access-database/9824

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.