I cannot connect to a Teradata Database :(
Here is what I do:
- I download/unpack the JDBC driver for Teradata (same version as Database)
- add it to: File > Preferences > KNIME > Databases
- use the Database Connector node:
- Driver: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
- URL: jdbc:teradata://<SERVERNAME>/LOGMECH=LDAP
- Username: ...
- Password: ...
When I run this node the first time:
ERROR Database Connector 0:1 Execute failed: Could not create connection to database: null
When I run the node again:
ERROR Database Connector 0:1 Execute failed: Could not create connection to database: Could not initialize class com.teradata.tdgss.jtdgss.TdgssManager
When I google this error ... it's probably about 'not finding the path to "tdgssconfig.jar", which comes with the jdbc driver and is unpacked to the same directory. But this is probably not enough ...? Where should I configure the path to this file?
Am I right that the Teradata JDBC driver consists of several Jar files instead of just one? In this case you need to copy all additional Jar files onto the folder jre/lib/ext of your KNIME installation and register the "main" jar file (the one that contains the actual database driver). With the upcoming 3.2 release you will be able to register whole directories as database drivers which safes you the copy-to-ext step.
Thank you - now everything works fine!!
I have copied the two files (teradata 15.10) into jre/lib/ext, but I don't see then in the database definitions window. I have tried 32 and 64 bit versions of Knime (2,12 and 3,2), any ideas? Thanks.
I just posted something here that shows how we got KNIME Server to connect to Terdata:
When I try to access this link: https://tech.knime.org/forum/server/install-jdbc-drivers-on-knime-server
I get an error indicating I am not authorized to access.
I am trying to troubleshoot the following error I get when connecting to Teradata:
ERROR Database Table Connector 2:2 Execute failed: com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 15.00.00.09] [Error 1000] [SQLState 08S01]
I have resolved the about issue but now I am getting the following error:
- ERROR Database Reader 2:1 Execute failed: com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 15.00.00.09] [Error 8017] [SQLState 28000] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid
However, I have verified that the UserID & Password are correct, not locked and working in other tools. Also, when I try connecting without a UserID & Password, I get the following error:
- ERROR Database Reader 2:1 Execute failed: com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 15.00.00.09] [Error 1032] [SQLState HY000] Single Sign-On NOT supported for Mechanism TD2.