Connecting to Dremio using Knime

I was able to connect to Dremio using knime. I have connected to sftp server using dremio . Is it possible to create a workflow to upload a file to this sftp data lake using knime ? Is there any such sample workflow?.

Hello @vibha43,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

Guess you used Database ndoes to connect to Dremio or? If you can use SSH Connector node to connect to your sftp data lake then you could use Transfer Files node to upload files to it. If that doesn’t work or you had something else on your mind can you please explain it a bit more?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan,

Thank you very much for your response. yes, I used Database node to connect to Dremio
We already have workflows which use SSH Connector node to connect to sftp servers.
I was trying to do a POC to explore various use cases with dremio. We already use knime, and wanted to check out a use case of knime integration with dremio.
We have set up connections to various data sources as well as sftp server in Dremio. I was just checking if transfering files to the server via Dremio is a possibility.

thanks

Hello @vibha43,

I’m still struggling a bit to understand how would a file transfer from KNIME via Dremio work. Would you like to use Database connection from KNIME to Dremio to transfer files or? I have never worked with Dremio so there’s big possibility I’m missing something :confused:

Br,
Ivan

Yes, I would like to use Database connection from KNIME to Dremio to transfer files . The problem is it will not let me transfer files.

Hi vibha43,
I’m also no expert on Dremio but this forum post suggests that it only support reads:

I guess what you could do is write your data as Parquet files into a folder in a file system that is accessible from KNIME and Dremio and then point Dremio to the folder.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.