Connecting to HBase

Hi All,

I am using KNime 2.9.4 and I have HBase installed (version - 0.94.8) in a remote linux server. With the host IP, I am trying to connect to HBase.

Here is what I did.

Added the "hbase-0.94.8.jar" in the preferences page and the Database driver "org.apache.hadoop.hbase.jdbc.Driver" is loaded properly.

Now, the question is what to keep in the database URL. I kept "jdbc:hbase://10.207.5.21:2181" as 10.207.5.21 is my remote ip and 2181 is the zookeeper port.

I am getting the below error:

Error during fetching metadata from database, reason: org.knime.core.node.InvalidSettingsException: Driver "org.apache.hadoop.hbase.jdbc.Driver" does not accept URL: jdbc:hbase://10.207.5.21:2181

Can someone please let me know, what would have gone wrong here.

Thanks in advance

You are using the wrong JDBC URL. See http://www.hbql.com/jdbc/jdbc_support.html for details on how to use HBase with JDBC. E.g. the database type name is not "hbase" but rather "hbql".

I'm not sure if you will have much luck even with the correct JDBC URL. Hbase is a NoSQL database and KNIME relies on SQL for the database communication. But feel free to post your experiences!