Connection SAP HANA

Does somebody knows how to connect to the SAP Hana using DB Connector?
I am trying for over 2 days now, ando nothing works.

I did install the driver on Knime, but need a help with the Database Type and Url Template, and how to configure the DB Connector.

I am using the URL on the DB Connector: jdbc:sap://“myhost”:30015/?autocommit=false

I am getting this error in the LOG:

2020-07-18 14:25:18,972 : ERROR : KNIME-Worker-4-DB Connector 0:17 : : Node : DB Connector : 0:17 : Execute failed: Data receive failed.
com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: Data receive failed.
at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLNonTransientConnectionException.createException(SQLNonTransientConnectionException.java:40)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:262)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:224)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateSQLException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:176)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.ConnectionException.createException(ConnectionException.java:22)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:994)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:744)
at com.sap.db.util.security.AuthenticationManager.authenticate(AuthenticationManager.java:91)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB._openSession(ConnectionSapDB.java:1611)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB._doConnect(ConnectionSapDB.java:1504)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.(ConnectionSapDB.java:157)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDBFinalize.(ConnectionSapDBFinalize.java:20)
at com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:348)
at org.knime.database.connection.UrlDBConnectionController$ControlledDriver.connect(UrlDBConnectionController.java:95)
at org.knime.database.connection.UrlDBConnectionController.createConnection(UrlDBConnectionController.java:308)
at org.knime.database.connection.UserDBConnectionController.createConnection(UserDBConnectionController.java:249)
at org.knime.database.connection.AbstractConnectionProvider.createConnection(AbstractConnectionProvider.java:89)
at org.knime.database.connection.impl.DBConnectionManager.lambda$2(DBConnectionManager.java:501)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Hello @leandro_tonin,

have you checked Database guide? From what I see I would remove this autocommit from URL template and in DB Connector would add it to JDBC Parameters tab.

Br,
Ivan

I did manage to make it work.

For everyone struggling with this: I Hope this helps!!

If you are having problens with SAP HANA, check this link:

Database URL:
jdbc:sap://“MyHost”:30015/?encrypt=true&validateCertificate=false", “User1”, “Password1”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.