Continental Node update issue

Hi All,
I received a popup message to upgrade my Continental Nodes. After the upgrade I restarted KNIME.
Now my Continental Nodes don’t work and look like a red checkerboard is the best way I can describe it.
Did I miss something when doing the upgrade?

Could you please try the following.

Open the knime.ini and add --clean (two -) at the end. Start knime (this should take much longer than usual).
Do the nodes now show up?

Please remove the --clean afterwards!

Best
Mark

Hi Mark No Luck Thanks for helping me out with this.

Here is what I did.

1. Added the -clean to the knime.ini file and changed the memory back to its default 4025m since I have a memory issue with one of my XLS Formatter nodes before I ran into this issue.

1. Launched knime and received these error after restarting knime after reboot. and I also tried to close knime and restart after -clean and it still fails

Gives me an option to load extensions and get message that the continental nodes are already installed.

That screen shot shows, and your further writing states, you using -clean instead of --clean (two dashes).

2 Likes

Ok my fault. I tried it with --clean and I got the same results. It is still failing.

Hi. Can you post knime.log content?
Close all open workflow.
Restart knime.
Open workflow with your problem.
Open knime.log.
Copy and paste it here.

Thanks!

Here you go thanks for your help

2020-05-01 14:06:25,898 : WARN : ModalContext : : Node : MISSING XLS Formatter (apply) : 0:51 : Node can’t be executed - Node “XLS Formatter (apply)” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)
2020-05-01 14:06:25,901 : WARN : ModalContext : : Node : MISSING XLS Control Table from Cell Range : 0:52 : Node can’t be executed - Node “XLS Control Table from Cell Range” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)
2020-05-01 14:06:25,901 : WARN : ModalContext : : Node : MISSING XLS Control Table from Cell Range : 0:55 : Node can’t be executed - Node “XLS Control Table from Cell Range” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)
2020-05-01 14:06:27,329 : ERROR : ModalContext : : LoadWorkflowRunnable : : : Errors during load: Status: Error: KNIME_All_Cities and Towns_Complete 0 loaded with errors
2020-05-01 14:06:27,329 : ERROR : ModalContext : : LoadWorkflowRunnable : : : Status: Error: KNIME_All_Cities and Towns_Complete 0
2020-05-01 14:06:27,330 : ERROR : ModalContext : : LoadWorkflowRunnable : : : Status: Error: Node “XLS Formatter (apply)” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)
2020-05-01 14:06:27,330 : ERROR : ModalContext : : LoadWorkflowRunnable : : : Status: Error: Node “XLS Control Table from Cell Range” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)
2020-05-01 14:06:27,330 : ERROR : ModalContext : : LoadWorkflowRunnable : : : Status: Error: Node “XLS Row and Column Sizer” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)
2020-05-01 14:06:27,330 : ERROR : ModalContext : : LoadWorkflowRunnable : : : Status: Error: Node “XLS Row and Column Sizer” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)
2020-05-01 14:06:27,330 : ERROR : ModalContext : : LoadWorkflowRunnable : : : Status: Error: Node “XLS Control Table from Cell Range” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)
2020-05-01 14:06:27,330 : ERROR : ModalContext : : LoadWorkflowRunnable : : : Status: Error: Node “XLS Cell Formatter” not available from extension “Continental Nodes for KNIME” (provided by “Continental”; plugin “com.continental.knime.xlsformatter” is not installed)

Could you go to the plugin folder and check if the corresponding folder exists?

Also this is not rlly helpful I’m pretty certain that installing Knime from scratch and installing the continental nodes will solve that problem. If you go for this solution make sure not to delete your workflows folder. I’d actually not uninstall the current Knime instead until you’re certain that a fresh installation works.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Mark

I’ve had a similar problem with the Continental Node, but with the initial installation of it.
The behaviour was the same: After installation of the node I was notified that the node is not yet installed.

At the end I solved that problem with a re-installation of KNIME.

Maybe that helps to solve your issue.

Thanks knimediger,
That may be my next step if no one has a solution.

I have three continental folders

Looks like the reinstall is my best option at this point.

I did the reinstall and still have the same issue with the continental nodes.

Finally got it to work by reinstalling the Continental Nodes following the directions at:

Thank you for everyone help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.