Continental nodes are gone after downgrading from 0.8.2.v201906261315 to 0.8.2.v201906251232

Hi,

I had Continental nodes version 0.8.2.v201906261315 installed on KNIME 4.0.
When I was checking the update sites, I noticed my version is removed and an older version (0.8.2.v201906251232) is available at the update site. So I guessed there might be some problems with the newer version so I uninstalled the newer version and installed the older version which was the only available version at the update site. (It seems the newer version was replaced with an older one).

Now this is what I’m experiencing:
When the nodes are installed I have no nodes available:

Untitled

And when I uninstall “Continental Nodes for KNIME” then all the nodes are back in the Node Repository:

Untitled

• Uninstalling nodes and starting KNIME in clean mode makes no difference.
  • Installing nodes and starting KNIME in clean mode makes no difference.
  • Uninstalling and removing the continental plugins from the plugins folder prevents reinstalling the nodes.

Does anybody know what’s going on?

:blush:

1 Like

Hi Armin,

So if you uninstall it you have all nodes back? Seems something is a bit mixed up :confused:

I have 0.8.2.v201906251232 installed. When you updated to 0.8.2.v201906261315?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

I think it was July 2. I installed a fresh copy of KNIME 4.0 and the extensions.
A few days ago I noticed a downgrade for this extension at the update site and …

Hi,

If I were you I would just use as it is with nodes uninstalled but available in Node Repository. If you would like to have a clean situation I would say fresh copy is a way to go.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Yes,that’s the last thing one can do. :face_with_head_bandage:
I cannot bear faulty situations. :upside_down_face:

P.S. If a true solution is not provided in the next 24 hours, I will mark @ipazin’s suggestion as the solution for this topic.

2 Likes

We are currently investigating this issue together with the KNIME team.
Something similar was reported in the forum already: [forum entry]

Before re-installing KNIME completely, @gab1one mentioned something about a command line switch for KNIME (maybe -clean ) that could solve these issues.

Regarding the version downgrade, I’m quite surprised myself and didn’t know this could happen. Maybe there was an issue with KNIME’s extension build pipeline at that time?

Best regards

Arne

2 Likes

As far as I understand what happened is that the version downgrade was created by my rebasing of commits that had an older creation date onto commits with a newer date.
I hope the problem is fixed with a clean install of the new plugin version. If not please report back.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.