continuation as previous topic As Row comparison

Hi @mlauber71,

Thanks for your response.

1)will the rows always be in the right order?

→ Actually the data will be not in the same order like example: same ETID maybe or may not will repeat the same rows. (Random data)
→ columns in the same order

TRACKER_AE.xlsx (10.2 KB)
above example with random data as well i had included some test cases inside that sheet.

added three different sheets for testing

Description: Example :

1. process need to start with comparing of Legal entity column.
  2. ETID’s, Cash Location, Currency, Transaction subtype of min 2 rows need to be same (while doing row comparision)
  3. Activity column sholud be REIN & REIN or SETT & SETT.
  4. while doing the 2nd step , if 2 rows was same then go for next row if column Legal entity same then go for ETID column if not same u can proceed to next column like Cash location, currency, transaction subtype and also activity… where Activity need to be SETT or REIN i mean if 2 rows was REIN then next row should be SETT or 2 rows SETT next row should be REIN and then ADD the 2 rows of amount compare with next row if everything follows we can cleared the 3 rows putting status as

(if Row2+Row3 == Row4 then we can directly cleared that rows by putting “Yes” values to the cleared?(Yes/No) column and then make a comment as “Partially matched with Row4 ETID” again for ** Partially matched with Row4 ETID** after that put a comment as “Matched with Row2 ETD”)

where as if the next row of amount is equal to previous 2 rows of amount like example amount: 1-- 25
2-- 24
3 – 49

may be   **row 50: -- 49**  if both rows of amount was same then we need to choose as which row there was another condition if it is like that  we need to check for the ETID of Row 3 & Row 50 and compare with row 1 & Row 2 like ROW1(ETID) == ROW3(ETID)  next check for ROW1(ETID) == ROW50(ETID) where if any one satisfies  example row 50 ETID was same with ROW 1 we need to clear ROW1, ROW2 after that ROW50

Hi @Abhiram , as I stated before, I am a bit busy with work, so I’m sorry if I’m not able to help you.

The problem on my side is not so much needing time to implement the solution, but rather I need to time to understand what you are saying. It’s still not clear what you need, and the more information you give, it seems like the requirement is changing, so that’s what’s hard to follow.

It would help so much if the ask is clearly defined. We’ve reached 21 post in the thread, and we still do not fully understand what the rules are.

If you look at the original topic (the one this is a continuation from), I took your 9 rules and clearly defined them. Then I separated the rules that were common to them which became the outer if statement, and then inside that if, I applied the separate rules for the different cases. I even regrouped them in sub-groups (as in some of the cases had common rules).

This is what you need to determine for this new rule. Do they fit anywhere there?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.