We want to read in CSVs from within a component.
We have a particular - basically one of the two standard variants of CSV - where the CSV values are stored as follows:
- commas separate values
- double quotes encompass strings
- dots are used as decimal separator
- strings can span multiple lines
Now, I can happily use the CSV-reader in a component by clicking options and controlling the file name via a flow variable.
Except the CSV Reader does not allow for multi-line strings.
The File Reader can be used instead and manages to read the files.
- File Reader does throw away its option values when switching the file name - so there is no clicking the right options and only using flow variables to switch out file names.
- On the other hand controlling all File Reader options via flow variables so far has led no-where - to me its not clear how this should work.
Now, is there a solution other than using other tools like R or Python (neither do I want to add dependencies nor do I want to wait for Knime <-> R/Python to exchange data)?
Reading CSVs and doing some automation on top really should not be that hard!
Example of what we want to do:
minimal_csv_example.knwf (55.1 KB)