Conversion of numbers (lab values) by multiple factors in multi-center study

Dear all,

I’ve the following problem and hope that someone can help me.

In a specific column of my table, laboratory values (numbers - doubles) are noted. Unfortunately, these values have different units as the data were entered by multiple centers. I know which center uses which unit and which center entered which dataset.

Does anybody have a hint how to actually “convert” the values dependent on which center added the data (from a mathematically point of view its just a multiplication)? I thought about collecting the conversion factors in a second table.

Thank you!
Best wishes
HM

Hi @HM20,
first welcome to the Community.

You can solve it in different ways.
e.g. using java snippet with if - else or switch - case functions. Or if the centers are stored in a separate column you can create a reference table containing center and correction factor, join the reference table to your data table and use math formula node for calculation.

BR

1 Like

Dear @morpheus,

thank for your warm welcome and your fast reply!
It will get a bit of manual work, because I need to convert 10 lab values, but at the first glance it worked!

Thx
HM

Hello @HM20,

doesn’t seem a lot of manual work to me. As @morpheus said I would create reference table in Table Creator with Center and multiplication factor added to it. Then use Cell Replacer to add multiplication factor to your data followed by Math Formula :wink:

Welcome to Community!

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.