Copy workflows to the KNIME hub

Is there a node I could use to copy a .knwf file or an executed workflow in a workspace to the KNIME hub?
I have tried the Transfer files node which works great for .pdf files for instance. But with .knwf files it copies them as files and not as workflows (with the overview etc). I have considered using the Workflow reader and Deploy workflow to server nodes. But the Reader resets the workflow. And the KNIME server connector can’t connect to the KNIME hub.
Best regards,

JC

Hi not sure what you mean
you can log in to your account and then publish workflows by drag and drop them on the KNIME hub in your explorer window
br

1 Like

The need is for an automated way to copy these instead of manually doing the drag and drop for many workflows to be updated on the KNIME hub.

JC

Put all your workflows in a workflow group and then drag and drop the group to the hub

1 Like

Again this isn’t automation.

Worst case, use selenium to automate the browser and upload it to your account. This can then be scheduled / automated via task scheduler or other software.
br

The Transfer files really doesn’t seem to be the way to go:
ERROR Transfer Files 0:407 Execute failed: /22-2/Labs/Parameter flow variables/Parameter flow variables 1: Reading a Workflow is not possible. See the Integrated Deployment extension for handling workflows.

We are aware that this is currently not supported, (but!!) our engineering team is already working on it. So this will definitely possible in the future.

1 Like

Thanks, Iris, for the good news. I guess the timeline may be the end of the year, not the next release.
Have a nice week-end.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @Schroedinger ,
we just release version 4.7 of the KNIME Analytics Platform which now supports copying/moving of workflows between workflow-aware file systems (e.g. between KNIME Server and KNIME Hub).
For an overview of all the new features have a look at the What’s new page. For all the details go to the changelog.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like