count

hi,

thanks, $Unique concatenate$ LIKE"1,*"  gave me the correct result. do you know where can i learn this types of coniditions?

Well the comma is simply because in the unique concatenate column, all values are separated by a comma, so including this in the search string, restricts it right down as to what will match. Make sure you include the space too, as in "* 1,*". As without the space as in "*1,*", this would also match number eleven 11.

The * simply refers to any character(s).

Simon.

If you search in google on SQL Syntax, you will get a good idea of these condition types.

Simon.

hi,

if i use "* 1,*" then all results are zero, if i use "*1,*" then it picks 21 and 31 as well, only "1,*" is picnking the only 1s.

I have to do it for the values upto 39. do i need to use 39 rule engines for that? and if i do so, how to join them?

all my 1s are in the first colum only so in the first positions on unique concentate, may be thats why it is giving me correct output. but if i use "* 1,*" then all are zero, and you know what it is only case for 1s. for other numbers like 8 i have to use "* 8,*" otherwise the result is not correct.

You can use one Rule Engine node, you just keep using the Add button to add all the rules into the one node.

Simon.

but i want to present the results in separate columns. i mean column_1 for 1s, column_2 for 2s. as i showed in the example table. seems like one rule engine can generate only one column, is that so?

hi,

ultimately i used 39 rule engines for 39 new columns. i tried to use the loop, but could not really fit the rule engine in loop condition. can you please give me some instructions or good example how to solve it?

Hi Jony,

Aarons solution actually already did what you wanted. I will attached you a slightly modified one which in addition can deal with an arbitrary number of input columns or values.

You only need to change the column names with the regex node afterwards...

Hope this helps, Iris :-)

Thanks all, With Iris's process, i finally solved it.. :)