Coverting KNIME data type integer to bigint

Hi guys,

After updating KNMIE to 4.1.1, I am experiencing a data load problem. The column data type in KNIME is an integer where the same column in hive is bigint, therefore, when I tried to load data to hive using DB Loader, it had an unmatched data type error. Error message and the data type from input table are shown as below,

Does anyone know how to solve this issue without changing the data type in hive?

Thanks,
Karen

Hi there @karen2180,

well it seems there are two ways you can deal with this:

• convert Int to Long type in KNIME. See this topic using Column Expressions node
  • set up mapping for those two (or more columns) in Output Type Mapping tab of Database Connector node from Integer to BIGINT

So this worked fine and then you updated from version 4.1.0 to 4.1.1. and this error started? Were this columns also integers prior to update?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the quick reply, I tried to convert the int type to long and it works now.

The previous version I used was 3.7, and never experienced this issue before (with the hive loader). I was using the exact same workflow, the only difference is changed the hive loader node to db loader node, then I had this error.

Thanks,
Karen

1 Like

Hi @karen2180,

glad it works now! Did you use Workflow Migration tool? Anyways will forward your issue to further investigate.

Br,
Ivan

Thanks, Ivan.

I used the migration tool for transferring my old workflows to the 4.1 version and it was very helpful.

Thanks,
Karen

1 Like

Hi there @karen2180,

Nice, glad to hear that :slight_smile:

Tnx for feedback!

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.