Create Excel Spreadsheet and make it available for download - Windows Server

Hi, I’m running on a Windows server, version 4.11.1, and Analytics Platform 4.2.1

I’ve been trying to create a temporary Excel file using the Excel Sheet Appender node, and then would like to use File Download Widget to allow the user to download the file.

I’ve used the Create Temp Dir node to create a temporary directory. The directory path exported by the node is knime://knime.workflow/tmp/topology/h0wjyzu4vdwy (topology/ is the directory base name I gave in the create temp dir node).

Then, in the Excel Sheet Appender object, I’ve tried I believe all the possible combinations for the Output Location, but can’t get any to give me a valid file path in a variable that I can pass to the Download widget.

Does anyone have a working example of how to achieve that?

Hello,

I am going to attempt to recreate this and test from our end. I will let you know what I find. Would you mind posting the screen shot of your workflow just so I can make sure I have all the steps correctly?

Thanks,
Zack

simple test.knwf (154.1 KB)

I’ve attached a simple workflow that exhibits the problem I’m facing.

Hello,

We have recreated the simple test workflow and have come up with a solution that should work. It is attached. In the future, we also recommend trying to keep as much as possible outside of the components and use them for widgets only or simple functions as to keep the workflow organized.
Please let us know if the attached workflow does not accomplish what you were hoping to do.

Thanks,
Zack

simple test.knwf (165.3 KB)

1 Like