cross two database

Hello everyone,
I have two DBs and I need to cross them, but I need to be left with a new column that shows those that crossed with a 1 and those that did not with 0.

Column 1

Column2

thanks

Use Cross Joiner and when Rule Engine to add 0/1.

2 Likes

I don´t understand, i new in this knime, can show an example with the nodos pls?

thanks

Hi there @cmunoq,

you have 2 tables in database and you need to see where they match? And then in one of them add new column with 1 if value matches value in second table, else 0?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

yes sir, in a column that shows me those who crossed with 1 and those who did not cross with 0

Hi @cmunoq,

if so you can use DB Joiner node (or Joiner if data in KNIME) to join tables with Left Outer Join (connect table where you want your identifier to upper Joiner port in this case) as join mode and don’t remove joining columns. Then use Rule Engine to add 0 if missing value is in joining column of second table else 1.

Give it a try and if any questions feel free to ask. Also if necessary I can share workflow example :wink:

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

hi @ipazina what a shame I could not, although the crossing is not with BD it is with excel reader xls document. Try joiner but it only brings me the ones you cross. Could you share an example please, I would really appreciate it

Hi @cmunoq,

example is attached. Check it out and if any questions feel free to ask.

2020_06_06_Join_and_Match.knwf (14.9 KB)

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

hi @ipazin thanks… perfect!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.