CSV Writer and Interactive Table nodes fail

Hi everybody

I have been trying to open "CSV Writer" node to configure it but the only message I always get is "Error while creating node dialog for 'CSV Writer': Illegal char <:> at index 12: /home/thor/C:\Users\Preferred Customer\test"

The same error is obtained when "Interactive Table" node is open: "View instantiation failed: Illegal char <:> at index 12: /home/thor/C:\Users\Preferred Customer\test"

Any suggestion/help?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

hi samuel,

this looks like you are using an example worklfow? Can you create a new workflow and check if you still get the same errors?

Best, Iris

Hi Iris.

I got same problem like samuel, I got an Error

ERROR     Interactive Table                  View instantiation failed: Illegal char <?> at index 82: somePath\someFile.csv

when creating new workflow.

do you know how to fix this?

thanks before

I get the same error....did anyone figure out how to fix this?

Hi Everyone,

and you get this error when you create a new workflow? An empty one?

This is a strange behavior. First, the Interactive Table does not use files and second there is none when starting the empty workflow....

Best, Iris

I have the same problem
Only create the node CSV Writer and when I try to open it:

Error while creating node dialog for 'CSV Writer': Illegal char <"> at index 0: "C:"

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Hi,

this is most probably due to the saved history. Did you already upgrade to 3.2? We resolved a problem with the version history in those nodes.

Could you try if the error still occurs with 3.2?

Thank you! Iris

I am also seeing this error.  I am running KNIME 3.2 and have fully upgraded all nodes.  I am not using any paid nodes, but I am using custom nodes of my creation.  

I haven't seen this error prior to upgrading to KNIME 3.2.

This is running both a saved workflow (.kwfl) in a headless state and also importing it into KNIME and running it with a GUI.

UPDATE:  I saved the workflow in a partially run state, closed KNIME, and reopened KNIME.  This seemed to reset the node so I could touch it / open it without the error.  

Line Plot

I have the same probelm and found a hint in the knime.log

2016-10-27 10:35:54,450 : DEBUG : AWT-EventQueue-0 : Interactive Table : Interactive Table : 2:5 : View instantiation failed: Illegal char <:> at index 69: X:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\XXXXXXXX\W:\projects\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\aocpempi7ii4
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Illegal char <:> at index 69: X:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\XXXXXX\W:\projects\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\XXXXXX\aocpempi7ii4
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(Unknown Source)
    at java.nio.file.Paths.get(Unknown Source)
    at org.knime.core.util.FileUtil.toURL(FileUtil.java:1177)
    at org.knime.base.node.io.csvwriter.CSVFilesHistoryPanel.fileLocationChanged(CSVFilesHistoryPanel.java:233)
    at org.knime.base.node.io.csvwriter.CSVFilesHistoryPanel.access$0(CSVFilesHistoryPanel.java:228)
    at org.knime.base.node.io.csvwriter.CSVFilesHistoryPanel$3.insertUpdate(CSVFilesHistoryPanel.java:153)
    at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.fireInsertUpdate(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.handleInsertString(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.insertString(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.PlainDocument.insertString(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.AbstractDocument.replace(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.text.JTextComponent.setText(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboBoxEditor$BorderlessTextField.setText(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboBoxEditor.setItem(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsComboBoxUI$WindowsComboBoxEditor.setItem(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComboBox.configureEditor(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicComboBoxUI$Handler.contentsChanged(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.addElement(Unknown Source)
    at org.knime.base.node.io.csvwriter.CSVFilesHistoryPanel.updateHistory(CSVFilesHistoryPanel.java:301)
    at org.knime.base.node.io.csvwriter.CSVFilesHistoryPanel.<init>(CSVFilesHistoryPanel.java:224)
    at org.knime.base.node.io.csvwriter.CSVFilesHistoryPanel.<init>(CSVFilesHistoryPanel.java:111)
    at org.knime.base.node.viz.table.TableNodeView.createWriteCSVMenu(TableNodeView.java:315)
    at org.knime.base.node.viz.table.TableNodeView.<init>(TableNodeView.java:128)
    at org.knime.base.node.viz.table.TableNodeFactory.createNodeView(TableNodeFactory.java:91)
    at org.knime.core.node.NodeFactory.createAbstractNodeView(NodeFactory.java:538)
    at org.knime.core.node.Node.getView(Node.java:1797)
    at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NativeNodeContainer.getNodeView(NativeNodeContainer.java:272)
    at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeContainer.getView(NodeContainer.java:1110)
    at org.knime.workbench.editor2.actions.OpenViewAction$1.run(OpenViewAction.java:129)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Maybe this helps. The procedure written by gregr.smith didn't work for me. I created a new workflow and used the example from https://tech.knime.org/getting-started. I'm using still KNIME 2.12.2.