Data Collection

Cheers,

I was looking in the tutorials library to see if there was a way to have “QuickForm” collect information like a Survey from the web portal, and then have “each record submittal” dumped into a file consisting of all of the recordsets like a Orders Table, every 10-minutes for processing? While one file is collecting survey data, another file that is populated is being processed for each record that was supplied within the 10-minute interval. After processing, it’s stored in a process-complete file for archive/deletion. Please advise.

Hi there!

Welcome to KNIME community!

So if I got it right you would like to create a survey using KNIME and process each 10 minutes collected result? Interesting. Think it is achievable. Collecting result depends on type of questions but mostly you can collect them using QuickForms nodes as most of them (if not all) output a flow variable with value (answer in your case). At the end you can collect all the flow variables into data table and write it down with a timestamp. Further processing should’t be a problem as you can schedule another workflow to take and process all data in last 10 minutes.

This is all under assumption I understood you correctly :smiley:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Dear @DavisRogers,

Can you confirm that @ipazin’s assumptions are correct? If not, could you please elaborate a bit more on what you are trying to achieve.

Also, is there a specific reason why you have posted this in the Academic Alliance category? If not, I would move it to another category where it is better suited…

Best,
Stefan

1 Like

Here is my current challenge…
I have Google Sheets collecting info and I want to turn these responses into Flow variables into the rest of my workflow.

Would like to turn these responses into FlowVariables for the rest of the WorkFlow

I am not sure how this works??? I see the FlowVariable Icon, but how does one allow these variables to be used if there is a Vlookup from a table downstream of the Workflow to grab the value of these responses?

Not sure how this works. If there is an instructional video to support, I would appreciate it.

Hi there,

here is video on flow variables:

Additionally there are nodes that create flow variables from tables:
From row to variables:
https://hub.knime.com/knime/nodes/Table_Row_to_VariableOFhUBYYlMMQ7ZM3F
From column to variables:
https://hub.knime.com/knime/nodes/Table_Column_to_Variable
VU5C_Qbl6sDSPXjl

Br,
Ivan

Hi ipazin,

In the illustration above which shows the results of Google Sheets, is there a way to put the data into a table as seen from the layout with column 30 and Value. I could then use a VLookup approach for this data instead of Flow Variables. Your Thoughts?

Hi davis,

can you explain a bit more what are you trying to accomplish. Didn’t figure it out :confused:

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ipazin,

I was looking to Transpose the data from the results of the Google Sheets Reader and then use the data in a Join Node like a VLookup.
I have sense found another way to manipulate the data.
With the Google Sheets Read Node, Google Sheets Write and Google Sheets Updater Nodes - I can do a lot in the spreadsheets after running data from the KNIME environment. I think I am off and running at this point. I am very familiar with Excel Formulas and being able to communicate with KNIME for certain SQL Joins from Multiple data-sets, I think this makes for a really nice experience. Thanks for all of your help. Not sure about the rules of the forum, so if you are interested any further I would need you to provide a way to contact you and I can send you some more details of what I am doing. Otherwise, I really do thank you for sharing your views about how to solve these challenges. I am finding KNIME to be a awesome tool for Rapid Application Development.

Hi Davis,

Sure. You can use Joiner node to simulate VLOOKUP function from Excel. Here is a link https://www.knime.com/knimepress where you will find KNIME available publications. Besides others there you will find book From Excel to KNIME free of charge that can help you.

Glad you find KNIME to be an awesome tool and this Forum to be useful for you :slight_smile:

If there is some sensitive data or idea and you do not feel comfortable sharing it here on Forum I can send you message and try to help.

Br,
Ivan

A post was split to a new topic: Table Row to Variables Loop Start Example

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.