Data hand over between workflows

Hello together,

I have a workflow group with separate workflows.
This separate workflows have data which should be combined at the end.
Is ist possible, to hand over data from one workflow to another workflow or to combine all workflows to one “main” workflow?
At the moment I use Excel-files as interface solution, but actually I don’t want to have many Excel-files as interim solution.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Andreas

Hello @Schmali93,

there is no such thing as “handing over the data” between different workflows. There is Call Workflow (Table Based) node where you can send data to called workflow but won’t work in your case cause you have multiple “handing over” to do which would require chaining all workflows and thus sequential execution which seems a bit clunky.

But you have couple of other options you can try:

• write data from each workflow into same folder within this workflow group and create another, “main”, workflow which reads all data from this folder and performs needed concatenation and/or manipulation… Use Table Writer and Table Reader nodes as they write/read KNIME data format fast(er)
  • combine all workflows into one workflow where you will collapse each workflow into one Metanode and then combine it’s outputs

In any case Excel is skipped :wink:

Hope this helps!

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

You could try to use a local database to store the information. You might have to handle the sequence of workflows and the table names.

Or you call sub workflows from a main one and transfer the data just by KNIME table.

3 Likes

Hello together,

sorry for the late feedback, I was quiet busy the last days…

I will try the first solution with table writer/table reader, maybe also the possibility with the metanode.

I think this will be the best solutions for my use-case.

Thank you all for your support!

Best regards,

Andreas

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.