Data schema is not passing to nested component at compile time.

Hi KNIME Community,
I am facing a issue in given scenario:-
There is some input data which is feeding to a component (Let say Level 1 component ) which have a another component (Level 2) in itself.
My issue is that at compile time input data schema is available at Level 1 component input node but not at nested component input node (Level 2).

Ques 1 : Is it intended behavior, if yes can you please explain ?
Ques 2 : Is there any workaround ?

Note:- By compile time I mean without executing upstream node.

Please refer attach workflow .

Please let me know if you need more clarification.
Thanks
Nested_component_issue.knwf (16.0 KB) ,
Wizard_dk

Hallo @Wizard_dk,

yes, this would be expected behaviour. If the previous node (for example the component input node) is not executed, then the following nodes (the nested component) do not know how the Table specs looks like. In KNIME nodes are executed sequentially by default, so one node after another.
Do you have a specific use case or why do you want to see the Table specs in a non-executed node?

Best,
Janina

1 Like

Thanks @janina for your reply.
I was expecting that it would be intended behavior, thanks for confirmation :slight_smile:

Use case :
Actually i was adding some configuration node on Table specs after nested component ,so my issue was that once a input table is changed then the configuration node keep showing previous Table spec as the new table spec is blocked at nested component.
My solution was

1. Passing Table spec as flow variable .
  2. I can convert the nested component into metanode as encapsulation requirement wasn’t that much.

if you have other solution in mind then please let me know.

Thanks,
Wizard_dk

1 Like

Hallo @Wizard_dk,

I think your solution sounds good. I couldn’t think of any other way to do it. :slight_smile:

Best,
Janina

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.