Database Connector (legacy) to Oracle Connector transition problem

Hello Knimers,

After switching to 4.0, I wanted to replace my current Database Connector (legacy) node with the Oracle Connector Node. However unsuccessful so far.

Database Connector (legacy) is working with an oracle db, using ojdbc6 (11.1.0)
I registered the same jar file under Preferences > KNIME > Databases, using the same configuration as in the previous legacy database settings. → jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:1521:DBNAME

I also tried:

• jdbc:oracle:thin:@//hostname:1521:DBNAME
  • jdbc:oracle:thin:hostname:1521:DBNAME
  • jdbc:oracle:thin://hostname:1521:DBNAME
    to no avail.

I think I configured the Oracle Connector node correctly in the Connection Settings tab, using Username & password as authentication method. However, it throws me an error:

ERROR Oracle Connector 0:22:0:0:0:1510 Execute failed: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor

From stackoverflow I understand that ORA-12514 is an Oracle problem not a Knime problem per se.
The TNS listener is expecting some input that was sent with the legacy node, but is not with the Oracle Connector anymore? Can you help me figuring out what I could be missing to turn the Oracle Connector working, just like it’s legacy counterpart is doing?

Best regards,
Christoph

Hi there,

this topic should help you:

Br,
Ivan

Absolutely, thanks for point this out! Google didn’t find that one.

Best,
Christoph

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.