Database Reader - Connecting to Teradata

Hi 

I am getting error while reading from the Terdata Database. KNIME is unable to connnect to Terdata database:

Steps Followed : 1. Copied the JDBC driver Jar files to lib/ext folder and 2. Registered the database drivers under KNIME preferences. Please let me know what could be the issue.

Error during fetching metadata from database, reason: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.10.00.44] [Error 1277] [SQLState 08S01] Login timeout for Connection to 10.89.140.97 Tue Feb 21 10:19:05 SGT 2017 socket orig=10.89.140.97 cid=63c86904 sess=0 java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)  at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)  at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)  at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)  at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)  at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)  at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF$ConnectThread.run(TDNetworkIOIF.java:1224) 

Best Regards

Prasanna

Hello Prasanna,

KNIME can connect to Teradata in general. You also no longer need to copy the jar files into lib/ext. Simply copy the driver jar file and all companion libraries into a directory on your hard drive and register the directory via the preference page in KNIME->Databases using the Add directory button. Please make sure that you have removed the jars from the lib/ext folder before registering them via the preference page. However I do not think that the driver is the problem since the driver class is loaded and it tries to connect to the db server but fails with a timeout exception which indicates a problem with the jdbc settings or the network. So can you please check the IP and the port of the jdbc connect string as well as if the db server is reachable from your machine.

Bye
Tobias