Date viariable becomes a string

Hi,

when a date field is converted to a Variable with the "Table to Row Variable" node it becomes a string.

Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hi,

Provided that would be possible (which isn't to my knowledge), which problem are you trying to solve which requires the workflow variable to stay of the original Date/Time type? There may be another way to solve it within the current KNIME capabilities.

Cheers,
Marco.

Hi iiiaaa,

we currently don't have time variables in the KNIME Analytics Platform available.

Cheers, Iris

Hi,

thank you Marco and Iris. I need to loop on a date so I have to transform a date in a variable. But after doing this I have to perform some analysis on dates so I need to convert them in date format again because the variable is in string format.

I hope that in future releases knime will be able to manage date as variables.

Thank you!

Regards

Ok, it would be useful to see how your workflow looks like to better understand the issue. Maybe you can share the critical looping portion or a similar example?

This said, did you consider duplicating your date/time column before entering the loop, so you can loop on one column and still have the other one available for your analysis inside the loop? Or did I get your issue wrong?

Cheers,
Marco.

Hi Marco,

I solved duplicating the date before entering the loop but I hope that in future releases knime will be able to manage date as variables avoiding user to duplicate the columns.

Many thanks.

Regards