Deadlock in KNIME SDK 3.2.0

When we want to start KNIME in the Eclipse environment we get consistently the following output on the console and the KNIME view does not open. The runtime configuration is exactly the same as for the previouse KNIME SDK releases.

Edit: The error occurs consistently on Fedora as well as Ubuntu.

May the error be related to first line of the console output? We could not find any useful information for the error message.

Console output:
Can't locate product, not an OSGi framework?
!SESSION 2016-08-04 11:44:59.670 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_60
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -application org.knime.product.KNIME_APPLICATION
Command-line arguments:  -application org.knime.product.KNIME_APPLICATION -data /home/ibis/tim.jeske/test_workspace/runtime-RunKnimeNodes -dev file:/home/ibis/tim.jeske/test_workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/RunKnimeNodes/dev.properties -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2016-08-04 11:45:07.783
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2016-08-04 11:45:07.783
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+U:
Binding(ALT+CTRL+U,
    ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.occurrences.in.file.quickMenu,Show Occurrences in File Quick Menu,
        Shows the Occurrences in File quick menu,
        Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),
        org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@2f4d01b6,
        ,,true),null),
    org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
    org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,gtk,system)
Binding(ALT+CTRL+U,
    ParameterizedCommand(Command(knime.commands.updateMetaNodeLink,Update metanode link,
        Checks and updates metanode links,
        Category(knime.command.category,KNIME Workflow Editor commands,Commands available for the workflow editor,true),
        org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@112c2930,
        ,,true),null),
    org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
    org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
WARN      pool-1-thread-1 KNIMEApplication$3     Potential deadlock in SWT Display thread detected. Full thread dump will follow as debug ouput.

Hi,

has there been any progress on this issue?

We are experiencing the same problem under Ubuntu 16.04 and Centos7; eclipse SDK run with GTK2.

If I create a new KNIME Node with the eclipse SDK with version 3.2 or 3.2.1 and configure it to run as a KNIME-APPLICATION as discribed in the Developer Guide/New Node Wizard all I get is a very tiny window in the corner without any content. All I can do with it is killing the process.

If I create the workspace and KNIME-Node with the SDK version 3.1.2 it works as expected; I get a KNIME window which also includes my new node.

Note that I only can produce the issue if I start with an empty workspace. If I create the workspace and the KNIME-Node with version 3.1.2, I can run it in 3.2.1.