Debug/Run and KNIME menu bar

Hi,

I switched to Eclipse Neon and used the latest target platform for development. In the past, I observed that running KNIME with a Run-configuration does not give a working menu bar but a disabled Eclipse menu bar.

If I started it in debug-modus, the KNIME menu bar was available and working.

But today the menu bar is a disabled Eclipse menu - no matter how I start KNIME. (see screenshot).

Is there any magic I can do to get it back working??? (I want to debug some preference editor behaviour for my plugin).

!SESSION 2017-01-06 10:06:12.335 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_72
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.knime.product.KNIME_PRODUCT
Command-line arguments:  -product org.knime.product.KNIME_PRODUCT -data /Users/.../ws_3.3 -dev file:/Users/.../eclipse_neon/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/KNIME 3.3/dev.properties -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2017-01-06 10:06:14.166
!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the key bindings from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.bindings' extension point
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2017-01-06 10:06:14.166
!MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command: plug-in='org.knime.workbench.editor', id='knime.commands.editor.gridSettings'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2017-01-06 10:06:18.719
!MESSAGE System property http.nonProxyHosts has been set to local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16 by an external source. This value will be overwritten using the values from the preferences

Just realized: The menu comes correctly if I put a breakpoint somewhere during startup.

But if anybody knows a trick that it always appears at least in debug mode, I would appreciate.

Hi Antje,

I asked around with our Mac and non-Mac developers, but no one every had this behaviour before or had any clue what it could be.

sorry for not being more helpful.

Best, Iris