Desktop Product build

Hi,

I am having problems building a complete knime installation (currently not modifying anything just trying to build it).

Running through Launch configurations, everything works as expected, the source code can be changed, etc.
Checking out the org.knime.update.product repo, trying to run the desktop.product file gives errors (from eclipse and after exporting as well).

Running outside from eclipse gives one more error message:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application “org.knime.product.KNIME_APPLICATION” could not be found in the registry.

I try to make it work on windows.

What am i missing here? Is there somewhere a guide on how to build a complete knime from source?

1 Like

My other problem is this:

However I can export the application but it fails (logs.zip is generated) with errors like:
“The package javax.xml.parsers is accessible from more than one module: , java.xml”, using java 11.

Using the open type menu from eclipse these are shown, so I think it is not referenced from other libraries:

If I add the packages manually (first post validation fails), I can still export the application, choosing a workspace, but it then crashes, jdk11 related errors still remain. However it launches from eclipse without problems…

Can anyone help me, how to build the full knime application with java11?

Hi @szekelyagoston,

You need to add the jre feature as well as the org.knime.features.core feature to your target platform, you can find them all on the update site. The multiple access errors should not happen if all required features are there. We never build with exporting from eclipse though. Instead we use maven / tycho. The pom file in that repo will not work for you though as it depends on some internal variables. You can however adapt the parent pom in that repo so that it contains the values / plugins form here: community-repository-template/pom.xml at master · knime-community/community-repository-template · GitHub

best,
Gabriel

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer, I will try to build it that way.

Hi @gab1one,

my target/repository/binary folder looks like this:

and the sh script fails to open the files.

However if I just comment out the sh script run from the pom file, everything works fine, and a knime product is built.
What is the purpose of this sh file, and why is it working when i just skip it (and why when i dont skip it?)
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Hi @szekelyagoston,

Are you using the local-build profile? That one should be sufficient for local use.
The sh step replaces the generate exe file with one that is signed and patched by us to work around some registry problems on windows.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Yes currently I am using the local profile, and not activating the sh file run it builds properly. Anyway my main target is to build it for linux, so it should not be a problem.
Thank you for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.