Detect a change in prediction in sequence in a cycle

Hello guys,

I face a problem that, I am sure, should be very easy to overcome, but that is out of my understanding of Knime -_-

Basically, I have a list of dates, name and a “prediction” that is calculated previously, that should allow me to detect a cycle of 3 steps that is repeating.

for each sequence I want to use the first change of the prediction, and I actually don’t know how to manage that ( I tried with rank, I think the solution will be a loop but I don’t find how) Processing: Detect change in the prediction.xlsx…

Hi @Mat_OK

Welcome! I think you clicked on post a bit too quick, you’re Excel was stuck in uploading. Can you check it? :slight_smile:

Hello,
Oops, thank you, he it is ! my 13ko of friday afternoon torture

Detect change in the prediction.xlsx (12.2 KB)

Basically, I have a list of dates, name and a “prediction” that is calculated previously, that should allow me to detect a cycle of 3 steps that is repeating.

I may be old and senile, but I’m struggling seeing the pattern in your data. Could you explain a little more?

Hi @Mat_OK welcome to KNIME Forum

This one was not easy a least for me. Feeling just as @rfeigel “old and senile” . But in the end I found a possible solution (I think…) . See if this answers your question and helps you out. Detect a change in prediction in sequence in a cycle.knwf (92.7 KB)

There are quite some steps. But basically they are all about identifying (and filtering) the valid sequences of the predictions within groups of records.

gr. Hans

2 Likes

Hello, Let me clarify the data, in fact the row database that I have to do my work is pretty dirty.
Its about creating KPI based on the "prediction"column 1 2 and 3. If fact, this is different physical locations of part presentation between factory, buffer and a supplier. The issue is that is it detected by RFID antenna, and each time the antenna is detecting the location of the object, one line is created, even if it has not moved. Because of it you can have 10 lines in duplicate with only the date and time that changed ! I want to detect the change of location, and with the time and date I can calculate KPIs ! This is why I want to detect the change of prediction

In the first image, this cycle is expressed in the cells F3 to K3, witch represent each time the object moved and thus created a cycle.
Is it more clear ?
knime loc

Hi @Mat_OK

Thank you for the explanation. But what do you think of the solution I proposed above? Does this work for you?
gr. Hans

Hello,

Your proposition was working, and I used the concept that you applied to develop the solution on my own actually ! It was very helpfull, thank you ! The lag Column was the key pivot to solve my issue, I didn’t know this node ahah

Have a nice day,

Mat

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.