Discovering files on a Network using knime.

Hi all I am new here so I have some questions about the ability of Knime to connect and read file metadata from a network directory.
I have run some batch files to extract some data like file name, path, file extension, date created date modified and date accessed.
I placed this data into some text files and csv files. This has worked ok and I have done some initial analysis which looks good. However I would like to know if kime can do this directly and not have to run batch files or other to collect the initial data. The project I am working on is a 12 tb san that is a primary data store, that I wish to analise, so anything that can save some work and time would be really good.
I did search for this before I posted but I could not find the information I required.
I thought that there may be a node that could read a unc path like \someserver\sanstore\data
Any help much appreciated thank you.

Hi @RussellF -

Welcome to the forum! You might want to try out the List Files and File Meta Info nodes.

3 Likes

Thank you much appreciated. That looks to be doing the job very well.
I have a lot to learn in this area AI and ML is new to me so please excuse me if I seem to ask some dumb questions along the way.

2 Likes

No worries! It’s not a dumb question at all - sorry if my brevity made it appear that way. Please feel free to ask away as you explore KNIME further - that’s what the forum is here for :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.