Distance Matrix & Clustering

Hello,

Good day. I need some suggestions for the following problem:

I have a matrix (symmetric nxn matrix) with float values and all the diagonal values are zero. I need to use this matrix instead of distance matrix in the new hierarchical clustering node. Is there any way to do this?

Expecting your reply and thanks in advance.

Warm regards
Fredrick

There is no node in the current release that allows you to do that (you can contribute one, if you like!). As workaround I suggest to use a CSV writer to write a temporary file and to read that file back in using the Distance Matrix Reader node. Would that work?

Thank you very much for your reply. As you said, I tried with CSV writer to write a temporary file and tried to read that file back in using the Distance Matrix Reader node. But i got the following error:

ERROR Distance Matrix Reader Execute failed: ("ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException"): 1 ERROR Distance Matrix Reader Execute failed: ("ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException"): 1

Can you help me in this regard?

Warm regards
Fredrick.

Hi Frederick,

Can you look up the corresponding stack traces in KNIME’s log file? That would help much.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you very much for your reply. I tried to find out the log file in Knime folder and sub-folders, but i couldn’t. where can i find the log files as well as how can i rectify the above-mentioned problem? Need your suggestions in this regard.

Warm regards
Fredrick.

The absolute location of the log file is printed in the KNIME Console upon startup. It resides in [runtime-workspace]/.metadata/