Does KNIME export flow includes DB?

I exported a KNIME flow but find there is no DB when I imported the flow. Did I miss something?

Hi @anguslou , I am not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by exporting flow including db (database)?

Knime would not export any db. It can retrieve data from a db via the DB Query Reader node for example, and if you save the workflow with the retrieved data, that is you do not reset the node and keep the state as green, the data will be saved with the workflow.

You can export the workflow with the data, and when you import the workflow, the data will also be imported (is that what you refer to “db”?).

However, when exporting a workflow, by default, the option to reset the workflow is on:

If you want to keep the data in the workflow when exporting, simply uncheck that box.

3 Likes

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I want to export the KNIME flow which includes a few databases created in the flow.

I will copy that flow to another machine, and hopefully including the databases so I don’t need to re-run the flow to generate the data. Is there an easier way that I can sync the flow and data? or is it a service in KNIME server?

Hello @anguslou,

Think you got it. KNIME Server is indeed for “…team-based collaboration, automation, management, and deployment of (data science) workflows as analytical applications and services.”

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.