Duplicate row removal

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a simple Game model for all possible matches. It starts like this I have 4 players and they want to play badminton doubles.

So I used cross joiner and got a table like this which gives me all the possible scenario’s

Now I can remove combination like Ankit:Ankit using rule engine and then using row filter. I can’t think of the way to remove combination Like Ankit:Hemanta & Hemanta:Ankit. I need to remove these cause these are basically the same game.

Thanks
Ankit

You still can do it, using Rule base Row filter with expression like
IF Players1 >= Players2 => True

It does not seems to be working. I am attaching what I have done. This should be output. For eg Ankit:Hemanta and Hemanta:Ankit is a same match
Ankit:Shiv and Shiv:Ankit is a same match
so I want to remove all these duplicates and get only unique match which I have mentioned on the output tab

Badminton Match.knwf (11.6 KB)

Try using the Column Aggregator node to create a list from your two player columns; on the options tab, select the aggregation method “List (sorted)”. You can now run the Duplicate Row Filter on the column containing the sorted lists to get to your desired result.

4 Likes

Hi @Ankit_smart,

this solution is probably not the smartest one but it should give you the expected result.

Example2

BR

Example.knwf (53.6 KB)

Thanks Morpheus for your suggestion but as @elsamuel suggested. I have been able to achieve this result with column aggregator and duplicate row filter.

Thanks Elsamuel. This is a really clever way. Thanks for this one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.