Dynamic rename

Hello everybody,

I’m new to KNIME and I would like to get some help from you. :slight_smile:

So I have a source file that contains different concepts (every concept has it’s own unique code):

I also have another file, a map file created by me. The file contains the codes from the source file with matched codes I use in my work.
I need to join these file files together for replacing purposes. I have to replace original codes with my codes (because later on, I’ll need to create an output file with my codes and correct values for every period).

Could you tell me please how I can achieve this?
Thank you in advance!

Hi @Stanislaw,

the Cell Replacer is the node you looking for. You can define one column in the original table, a lookup column and a replacement column in your map file. Since you want to replace values in multiple columns, I’d suggest to transpose your original table first using the Transpose node, then use the Cell Replacer and transpose it again, to get your original table structure back.

Best,
Julian

2 Likes

It works! There’s still a long way to get me the right output file, but at least I have some success now. Thank you, Julian :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.