Eclipse error when doing a save-as operation in 4.2.2

When trying to do a save-as operation with any workflow, the system does not load the New location dialog anymore, but goes off into space. I have to press the Escape key bring back the interface. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Are you by chance using multiple screens, and the dialog is popping up somewhere unexpected? Or maybe popping under other open windows?

What OS are you using?

I am on a single display on Windows-10 with i7 and 16 gigs of memory. No, there are no other windows open and no programs running except KNIME. After I select the Save-as option for the active workflow, the system goes off into space, and nothing works until I press the Esc key, after which the interface returns with no dialog screen. This is a recent problem. It may have come in with the 4.2.2 version. I updated the version recently to make sure that I had the same version as my students.
Bob
UC-Irvine

Hello @dataminer_1 -

This is a strange one. I discussed internally with the team and there are a few things you could check on here:

1. Starting KNIME AP with the -clean option in the knime.ini file
  2. Starting KNIME with a different workspace
  3. Related to the above, making sure your workspace is local, and not on a shared or remote resource
  4. Whitelisting/excluding the KNIME directory (and workspace directories) in your antivirus program

If all else fails, a VisualVM thread dump would assist us with further debugging the issue. You can find out howto generate one of those in our FAQ here: https://www.knime.com/faq#q29

Sorry for the trouble.

Scott:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The problem seems to be intermittent. I do not see the problem today. If it happens again, I will do the Visual VM thread dump.

dataminer_1

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.