Email Node User unknown fail execute

Hi All,

I have a problem with Email Node.
When I have only one wrong email address the node Failed to execute.
There is a way to make the email node execute even if there is 1 or plus wrong email address?

xxx@l.com ->correct (send)
xxx2@l.com ->correct (send)
xxx3@l.com ->wrong (No send)
in the end, the node will send the message to the correct email address. no need for the node to be en mode Fail.

Bests,
Mokrani

1 Like

Could you get this to work? I’m also looking to send an email with a report attached.

Hi there!

You should use some workaround. One node for one address or a loop with address as a flow variable and some Error handling nodes to continue with loop execution if email address is invalid.

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ipazin,

Thank you for your suggestion.
Could you send me an example?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Abdelaziz

Sure. First or second approach?
Br,
Ivan

Hi again,
Thank you for your reply.
the second approach.

Bests,
Mokrani

Hi @Mokrani!

Here is a solution.

I used Table creator to write down couple of email addresses. What I would probably do is to create email address list on file system and then upload them to KNIME. After Table creator there is loop containing 3 nodes. Try and Catch nodes are actually what enables loop to go on even if there is error in Send Email node. They both don’t need configuration in your case. You can explore more Error handling nodes in Node Repository. In Send Email node control the “to” field with flow variable that is created in Table Row to Variable Loop Start node. With some additional nodes from Catch Errors node you can a list of email addresses that did not receive email.

Hope this helps!

If you have any questions regarding configuration just ask.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ipazin,

Thank you for your solution.
Could you send me the workflow to test it.
Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Abdelaziz

Hi!

Not really. Mail authentication is needed. But you shouldn’t have problem creating this workflow. Pretty much there is no configuration except Send Email node :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin ,
Yes, i make it thanks
But there is a problem if i have this list
xxx@l.com ->correct (send)
xxx2@l.com ->wrong(No send)
xxx3@l.com ->correct (he need to get a email also SEND)

but in this case the third person will not receive an address and thats wrong… :frowning: (I want In all case I the correct emails address will receive the email message )
how to deal with that ?

Br,
Mokrani

Hi!

I see. In my case Send Email node never failed because he tries to send mail to xxx2@l.com. Here is modification. You should add Active Branch Inverter node. Also connect your wrapped metanode to table creator or loop start :wink:

Catch Errors node should have checked option Always populate error variables to have same variable structure at the Variable Loop End.

Should work now.

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.