Emulating if-then-else construct

It seems knime does not have any control flow nodes.  In particular I was searching for a node that will emulate an if-then-else construct.

As an example: I would like to have two chains in my workflow: a high fidelity chain and a low fidelity one.  Depending on the configuration of an if-then-else node you can choose which chain will be run when you start the workflow.

How can I emulate this behaviour with a custom node?  Eg, I could try to pass null for the output port which is non-active?

Cheers

Dirk

hi dirk,

there is a rule engine under "Misc", have you tried that one? it may be one of those nodes that you have to import [/file/update/]

if there are not many categories you can also use a row splitter, under data manipulation/row/filter.

henk

The upcoming 2.3 release will very likely contain switches on the workflow level.

Thanks for the replies.  I looked at the rule engine/row filter but it seemed a bit too hackish for me.  Its a feature I can do without for now, I will look forward to 2.3 :)

Cheers

Dirk

i forgot to say that there is an if-then-else construction in the math formula node. if you have to process numeric fields, that maybe what you were looking for. otherwise, recode your category string to numeric ones.

henk

ooops, wrong post