Enable/disable quick forms at run time

Hi,

Is it possible to enable/disable a quick form node based on selections made in the same wrapped metanode?
My workflow needs an input file only in one case (based on a selection made by the user at execution time). Instead of multiplying the web pages, I would like to handle all data entry selections in one screen. Therefore, I need to hide the file upload quick form unless the user has selected the appropriate option. Is that feasible?

Thanks for your help,
Regards,
Claire

Hi Claire,

unfortunately this is currently not possible. We have ideas to enable such functionality in the future but at the moment are not actively working on it.
You could work around it by writing the selection component in a Generic JavaScript View and then triggering the display of the iFrame containing the File Upload upon selection yourself. This involves some JavaScript knowledge and can not be considered a general solution, but it should do what you described.

Regards,
Christian

1 Like

Hi Christian,
Ok. Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Regards,
Claire

Hi Christian,

I would like to know how is it possible then to save the file on the KNIME server in order to be used afterward in the workflow.
Because we cannot save file using javascript, we have to call another script to do so.
Should we call another KNIME workflow using REST to send the file content ?

Regards,
Joel

Hi Joel,

I think that using the REST interface of the server will work for that. You might have to have a second workflow that then is the recipient of this file, but it depends on what exactly you want to do.

Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

I would like to upload multiple files using javascript because I cannot use the File Chooser node (no remote mountpoint).
So if I use javascript, I have to transfer the file content for each files to another workflow using JSON container.
Is it correct ?

Maybe there is another solution than using javascript .

Regards,
Joel

Hi @albrecht

Do you a workflow demo which is able to upload file uing javascript that I can test on the server ?

Regrds,
Joel

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.