Enhancement Request: feedback during table search

Hello!

Here is an idea for a feature that would add to users’ joy when using KNIME: an indication that something is going on when you search within a data table.
Currently, when searching within the data table of many KNIME nodes, there is no feedback that a search is going on. That can lead to some confusion when the search takes a while. (Some of the searches I’m running within my data tables take several minutes.)
Most useful: a little progress dialog, such as the one that appears when you sort within a data table.
Alternative: change the cursor to show that the application is busy and put the word ‘searching…’ at the bottom of the screen.

Regards,
Mitch

1 Like

+1 from me for this feature request please!

Steve

Hello @ChemMitch, @s.roughley,

can you explain it a bit more? Where does this searching takes place and why does it lasts so long? Seems I’m doing something wrong with KNIME as haven’t encountered this “lack of joy” you are looking for :smiley:

Br,
Ivan

In the standard table view, Under the navigation menu there is a ‘Find’ option (Also Ctrl+F)

Steve

1 Like

Hi @s.roughley,

ok. I get it. And when there is a huge table search takes a while. Never used it really so just for better understanding/curiosity why are you performing a search like that?

Ticket created. (Internal reference: AP-15337)

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Exactly - for big tables it just disappears and you dont know if it is still running - normally using it to check what is going on with particular data values (things like “has the row with a given value in it made it through to this table?”)

Steve

I’m using KNIME to merge large data sets.
There’s a lot of data to look at when I’m delving into details.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.