Equitable distribution between people

Hello to everyone.

I have a dataset of tasks that have to be solved by people. Each task can have multiple people solving it.

My problem is that I have a table where the same person assigns me a task and it is not equally with the other people.

How could I solve it?

Hi @Freddorm , welcome to the KNIME Community.

Could you give a bit more explanation of what you are trying to do, as I’m unclear.

What does the second table represent?

What is your required output?

I’ve reproduced your tables here, courtesy of chatgpt, as having data that can be copied directly into a KNIME workflow makes it easier for people to assist.

Below are the two tables transcribed and translated into English:

First Table:

RowID Case Number Creation Date Case Title Priority Cells Resolver
Row0 FNX-00000001680697 2024-05-17 Update Address 2 Data Modification Adriana Valentina Guevara
Row3 FNX-00000001682498 2024-05-17 Update Address 2 Data Modification Adriana Valentina Guevara
Row6 FNX-00000001680138 2024-05-17 Update Address 2 Data Modification Adriana Valentina Guevara
Row9 FNX-00000001685916 2024-05-20 Update Address 2 Data Modification Adriana Valentina Guevara
Row12 FNX-00000001687344 2024-05-20 Update Address 2 Data Modification Adriana Valentina Guevara
Row15 FNX-00000001294123 2024-01-29 Update Address 2 Data Modification Adriana Valentina Guevara
Row18 FNX-00000001680809 2024-05-17 Update Address 2 Data Modification Adriana Valentina Guevara

Second Table:

RowID Cells Typology Resolver
Row49 Data Modification Update Address Adriana Valentina Guevara
Row50 Data Modification Update Address Maria L. Alvarez Biafore
Row51 Data Modification Update Address Ana Rosa Shaffer

Like @takbb I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish. If you’re trying to evenly distribute the tasks, see if this helps.

1 Like

Hi @takbb thank you so much for answer me.

I made an example of what I’m looking for to solve with this problem:

1 Like

Hi @rfeigel thanks for answer me.

It’s something like that. For example:

Hi @Freddorm , and thank you for supplying the additional table examples. It would be better to upload such data in a form that can be copied, but (as is becoming common for me) I asked chatGPT to convert it, from your images:

Table 1

CODE TASKS
1 AA
2 AA
3 AA
4 AB
5 AC
6 AC
7 AC
8 AC

Table 2

TASKS RESOLUTOR
AA John
AA Carl
AB Sarah
AC Jenny
AC Bron
AC Jerry

Please take a look at this workflow.

It counts the number of “resolutors” for each task, and then ranks each task in Table 1, using the mathematical modulo to apportion tasks in order.

Ranking is used to assign a similar number to each person, by task, in Table 2,

and those two pieces of information allow us to join between both table to produce the Expected result.

2 Likes

OMG @takbb this is what I need :star_struck:

Can you share me the workflow that you built to import it? :pray:

I really appreciated your help.

1 Like

Hi @freedorm, this link is in the above post by clicking here:

Then you can drag and drop that workflow onto your KNIME:

(and thank your for marking my answer as the solution!)

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help, you are very kind.
¡You rock!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.