Error "Could not connect to KNIME Server"

Hello,

I have created DM models in KNIME and now I wish to connect to the server to run them but I get this erro.

ERROR     RemoteRepositoryView     Could not connect to KNIME Server on publicserver.knime.org with user 'guest', reason: Connection failed: connect timed out

I'd appreciate if you can help me. Thank you,

Marta

Hi Marta,

The publicserver is a server allowing you to download the example flows that are located at it - you cannot execute your flows on the server. The KNIME Server that allows flow upload, execution and scheduled execution with user rights management is a commercial product that can be purchased separately.

But still, you should be able to connect to it. Are you sitting behind a proxy or firewall? Most  proxies prohibit connections to the server. Connections to the public server are initiated through port 3700.

Best regards,

- Peter.

Hallo Peter

few weeks it happened to me as well what happened to Marta. Same message. Now is ok. I am using KNIME on Windows7 (64bit) from home. T-com DSL as connection.

Best

Andrea Zaliani

"The KNIME Server that allows flow upload, execution and scheduled execution with user rights management is a commercial product that can be purchased separately."

How much would that cost?

Thanks,

Marta

Dear Marta,

The KNIME Enterprise server is described at:

http://www.knime.org/enterprise-server

I will contact you privately for the pricing details.

Kind regards

Frank