Error installing KNIME extensions on Linux Mint

Hi,

I’m not able to install any KNIME extensions on my Linux mint (19.1 Tessa) OS. I have connected through my personal network and this is not blocked through any firewall. Following is error message when I tried to download ‘plotly’. Please guide me on how to fix this.

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=KNIMEProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.knime.features.js.plotly,4.1.0.v201911250844
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.knime.js.plotly,4.1.0.v201911250844

Hi @Saikrishnan,

welcome to the KNIME community.

The installation should be working if you can reach the update site. Is this a enterprise machine where you tried to install the KNIME extension?

If this is the case, please have a look at File -> Preferences -> General -> Network Connection, maybe there is a proxy configured which is not reachable to forward the network request. Please switch the Active Provider to ‘direct’.

If this is not causing the problem, please try to start knime from the command line with the command
<path to knime>/knime -clean
This should clean any failed updates. Please try to update your KNIME installation and to install the extension afterwards.

Best,
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael, Thanks for responding. It’s my personal machine and not enterprise one. I updated the installation and it works now.

Best,
Sai

2 Likes

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the feedback, good to hear, that it works now.

Best,
Michael